Monday, March 24, 2014

Music, Life and the IT thing

Sometimes, there are moments when you realize that this moment or this action or this engagement is why life is worth living. THIS moment is what makes me feel alive and good and fulfilled.
I have had this feeling over and over in my life - sometimes with months in between - sometimes with seconds in between.  Thank you universe.
Overwhelmingly those moments have been while listening to or playing music.
So interesting how music is what raises the endorphin levels to the preferable degree.
Marvin Chernoff and I would watch Jennifer Holliday sing "And I am telling you" from Dream Girls over and over and cry and weep and shake our heads in agreement that this was the best thing we have ever heard... playing West African music with some of the most talented and respected West African artists in the world... now that is magic to me, having Danielle Howle sit on my porch and write a song and sing as she writes..... And something I experienced this past weekend is playing West African music with really great and talented friends who know the music and for a couple of hours just set the soundtrack for a a perfect musical nirvana.    Thank you universe and thank you friends for being the conduit for one of my enchanting life moments.

No comments: