Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Luke Quaranta!


I'm so excited!
Luke Quaranta from Toubab Krewe is coming to town (July 30) to do a workshop and perform with Next Door Drummers!
Read about it in Free Times.

I met Luke many years ago when he played with a group called Common Ground.
I was playing with Djoliba Don, West African Music and Dance and we did similar musical performances with drummers and dancers.
I reconnected with him a couple of years ago when I found he was playing with Toubab Krewe out of Asheville.
I fell in love with their music and was fortunate to be asked to videotape a couple of their performances.
They have traveled to some of the same places as I have in West Africa - Guinea, Ivory Coast and studied with some of the same teachers.
This is a treat for this community!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

És evident que hi ha molt per aprendre sobre això. Crec que va fer algunes coses bones en característiques també. Segueix treballant, gran treball!

Anonymous said...

J'aime vraiment votre article. J'ai essaye de trouver de nombreux en ligne et trouver le v?tre pour être la meilleure de toutes.

Mon francais n'est pas tres bon, je suis de l'Allemagne.

Mon blog:
Regroupement De Credit et societe Rachat de credit

Lee Ann Kornegay said...

Merci!